The “Tree of Life” photos have taken Instagram and social media by storm, with their artistic imagery of breastfeeding going viral.
Largely popularised as part of the “normalising breastfeeding” movement, mothers all over the world are helping one another create these inspiring images.
Want one of your own? Discover how to transform a photo of you and your baby into a beautiful representation of nourishment and life.
Before you start, take a photo of your baby breastfeeding. Try to get a clear, side view of your baby’s face as that’ll make it easier to create the tree of life look.
Then follow these steps:
- Open the app and search for “treeoflife” in the search bar.
- Tap the “Stickers” tab and browse through the different trees available. I find the best ones to be when the roots are larger/longer than the tree itself.
- Select the tree you want to use and tap “Apply”.
- Choose your breastfeeding photo and position the tree appropriately, enlarging/shrinking it if needed.
- Tap the tick icon to continue to the photo filters.
- Tap the “Magic” option at the bottom, and try out the different filters until you find one you like. The most popular filters are “Midnight” and “Rainbow”, but feel free to choose any of them.
- Tap the tick icon when you’re done and save!
Of course, you can also do the same with your bottle-feeding baby. Get creative with this celebration of life, and don’t forget to use the #TreeOfLife hashtag when posting on social media!