Another month of life, fun and blogging is over – and it’s probably been one of my favourite months so far this year! Here’s how September 2017 turned out…
Milestone events and miscellaneous happenings
It’s finally spring! The warmer weather has arrived as well, so we haven’t had to keep the heater on at night anymore. I realised we only had full length rompers/onesies for baby Charles – so I went on a shopping spree to get him some lighter outfits. I also did a wardrobe refresh as part of my spring cleaning, clearing out all the old clothes that no longer fit or I just don’t wear anymore.
The month was kicked off with Father’s Day celebrations – my husband’s first one Interestingly, I learnt that Father’s Day in Australia is celebrated on the first Sunday of September, whereas in the United States it’s held on the third Sunday of June. Not really sure why this difference exists! But it makes seasonal blogging a little tricky because father’s day posts would only be relevant to a segment of readers.
Baby update – Charles turned 4 months old! I didn’t write a specific 4 month post (like I did for when he turned 3 months) since I figured I’ll do a more detailed update when he turns 6 months old instead. He’s still not a particularly large baby, but he’s definitely growing quickly! And he finally learned to roll over on his own (from his back to his tummy) – super proud mama right here. The routine 4 month vaccinations also took place…never a fun experience.
September is also my birthday month! I turned 24 years old (check out the 24 things I’ve learned in 24 years) and to celebrate, we took a day trip to the Blue Mountains to hunt down a small artisan cafe for lunch.
We also hosted another dinner party at our house and I think it went alright… but there’s till plenty we can do to get better at it! I’m thinking I’ll write a post some time soon with tips for hosting – stay tuned.
The highlight of this month was definitely when hubby, baby and myself went away for a 3 night holiday up north in Hawks Nest. We used Airbnb to book a home near the beach, and spent a couple of days just chilling, eating yummy food and exploring the local areas. If you follow my Instagram Stories, you would’ve seen how much fun my little man had! At first we were a little skeptical as to whether he’d just be fussy because we were away from the familiarity of home, but we were lucky that he didn’t seem to mind at all.
This month has been packed with blogging variety through the 11 posts I managed to publish (not including this one) – from listicles to recipes, sponsored posts to how-to guides and more. Gotta keep things interesting!
To recap, here are some quick links to this month’s posts:
- A foodie’s guide to September
- Bocconcini stuffed meatballs with veggie tomato sauce
- 24 things I’ve learned in 24 years
- A step-by-step guide to starting your own blog
- 5 non-baby things to do during your maternity leave [MOST POPULAR]
- Wardrobe refresh: out with the old, in with the new
- How to meet other new mums (the no-awkwardness guide)
- Best backdrops for gorgeous milestone photos
- BBQ chicken salad with creamy ranch dressing
- 10 ways dads can support breastfeeding mums
- How I got published on the Huffington Post (on my first try!) [FREE DOWNLOAD]
As for the overall stats, there ended up being ~4000 page views from ~3000 users.
Goals for October 2017
- Continue working my way through my Spring bucket list
- Stop procrastinating – yes, the laziness is real
- Catch up with friends more often – particularly before my maternity leave ends
- Work on becoming more efficient/quicker with cooking – in preparation for when I’m back at work and will have less time on my hands!
- Get back into posting more frequently on my Instagram
Well that’s a wrap for September 2017! Anything exciting happen in the past few weeks for you? Drop a comment down below!