A crazy month! Some big wins, fun days, and plenty of interesting things. Here’s what’s been happening in my life lately…
Milestone events and miscellaneous happenings
Update on baby Charles – he turned 5 months old this month! He’s growing up so quickly…it’s ridiculous. Babbling all the time, starting to sit independently, almost crawling, and is super active (and smiley). See plenty of baby spam on my Instagram stories Also, his 6 month update is coming very soon so stay tuned!
One of the highlights of this month was my sister-in-law’s bridal shower. It really brought back the memories of all the fun times leading up to my own wedding last year (to think it’s been over a year since then already). In fact, wedding season is coming up because I’ve got 3 over the next few months – exciting times ahead
I finally got a new phone – the Pixel XL! Super stoked about that, because my old one was starting to die at ~40% battery which would drain really quickly. It had gotten to the point where I’d be carrying around a portable charger everywhere, which was quite a hassle…
Overall just enjoying my last weeks of maternity leave, since I’m heading back to full-time work in the middle of November I’m sure it’ll be fine, just a big change after being off for 7 months. But I’ll definitely miss spending all day every day with my little man ↓
This post may contain affiliate links to products I love and recommend. Please ready my disclosure for more info.
I ended up publishing 11 posts this month (same as last month) not including this one! Baby posts, food roundups/recipes, home tips and miscellaneous listicles – keeping up the variety. I always hear about how bloggers generally stick to a particular niche, but personally, I just enjoy posting about all sorts of things and whatever takes my fancy!
To recap, here are some quick links to this month’s posts:
- A foodie’s guide to October
- Why Blogtober isn’t worth it (and what you should do instead)
- 6 things first-time mums shouldn’t stress about
- How to deep clean your fridge in under 30 minutes
- 30 realities of living with a teacher
- Create your own “Tree of Life” breastfeeding photo
- 12 things no one tells you about life with a newborn [VIRAL POST]
- Honey soy chicken with Asian greens
- Getting help with your new baby
- 9 money saving tips for maternity leave [ALSO POPULAR]
- 50+ things to do with your 0-3 month old baby [FREE DOWNLOAD]
In terms of site traffic, the past few months have shown these page view stats:
1050 → 4700 → 4000 → ????
This month…the total page views hit 14,600+ from ~11,800 users.
This has mostly been due to 2 of my pins going viral on Pinterest:
- 12 things no one tells you about life with a newborn
- 7 movies to watch when you’re expecting ( this is actually a post from my first month of blogging!)
Goals for November 2017
- Prepare for my return to work/end of maternity leave
- Post more often on Instagram
- Keep up the blogging momentum!
- Revive my email newsletter (haven’t sent one out in ages…)
That’s it for October 2017! How was the past month for you? Share a comment below!