I could give up chocolate, but I’m not a quitter…
Just putting it out there, I’m totally a chocolate addict.
Surprisingly a little less so while pregnant, but definitely wouldn’t say no to a delectably deliciously delightful chocolate treat offer…
What better way to make EVERYTHING just as wonderful, than by dipping them in chocolate!
Pick one or many of the following and savour the scrumptiousness that is chocolate-dipped goodness. For even more fun, use bamboo skewers to hold a creative mix of whatever takes your fancy.
Read on for a list of 40+ things made so much better with a dollop of chocolate on top, or dunked in a warm fondue…
- Apple wedges
- Strawberries (always a classic!)
- Citrus segments (mandarins, oranges, etc. )
- Sliced bananas
- Melon balls/chunks (rockmelon, honeydew, watermelon)
- Seedless grapes (red, green)
- Cherries (either fresh or maraschino)
- Berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Fresh coconut
- Dried fruits (e.g. apricot)
Note: when using fruits with a chocolate fondue, they should be kept as cold as possible beforehand so that you end up with a hard coating of chocolate. Also, if you’re not planning on serving/eating immediately, most fruits do well with a drizzle of lemon juice to prevent any unsightly browning.
- Brownie bites
- Cake pops
- Cheesecake bites
- Cinnamon twists
- Cookies (dunk the base, side, top, anything – shortbread or chocolate chip cookies are particularly great)
- Cookie dough balls
- Donuts (or donut holes!)
- Gummy bears
- Ice cream balls/bars/sandwiches
- Meringue puffs
- Pound cake (can get a bit crumbly though)
- Scotch finger biscuits
Salty and savoury
- Coffee beans
- Nut clusters/mixtures
- Peanut butter balls
- Peanut brittle
- Potato chips
- Pretzels/pretzel sticks
- Salted popcorn
See something you haven’t tried before? I dare you – give it a go! Or have I missed a particularly scrumptious combo? Let me know so I can try it out.
Also, did you know…
Chocolate comes from cocoa.
Cocoa comes from a tree.
Trees are plants.
CHOCOLATE = SALAD
There you go! No excuses